Mercy 4 Ubuzima:
Mercy 4 Ubuzima (M4U) is a partnership program that was born between Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and four (4) Rwandan hospitals in the city of Kigali. These four hospitals are; Rwanda Military Hospital, Kibagabaga Hospital, Kacyiru Police Hospital and Muhima Hospital respectively. The word "Ubuzima" is a Rwandan word that means "health", so the name means "Mercy for Health". The number 4 represents four hospitals in Kigali partnering with Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and teams of 4 people from Mercy that went to Rwanda the summer of 2013 to assess the performance of these hospitals. This partnership initiative was established through a good bilateral Sister City relationship that exists between Oklahoma City and Kigali City, Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City and Dr. Mike O'Neal, Mercy Board Chair and President Emeritus, Oklahoma Christian University.
To help create a model of care that is safe, accessible, and constantly improving in quality for the people of Rwanda through sustainable partnership.
To further the healing ministry of Jesus by providing healthcare access to the people of Rwanda through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
Strategic goals and objectives:
1. Help improve the quality and accessibility of health care
2. Help the four Rwanda sister hospitals attain Joint Commission International Acrreditation
3. Improve efficiency, accountability and leadership skills for healthcare providers
4. Build strong hospital to hospital partnerships that support patient safety improvement
5. Improve patient satisfaction
6. Strengthen the Kigali City - Oklahoma City Sister City relationship